Dear members/friends of the Community,
The committee and the Greek Embassy would like to inform you that this Sunday 26th of October, a Doxology will take place at the Greek Orthodox Church, for the occasion of the National Day. It will start straight after the conclusion of the weekly Holly Liturgy at around 12:00pm
We would also like to inform you that the new teacher will be present to meet parents and whoever else is willing το attend Greek lessons this year.
Dear Members of the Greek Community in Ireland,
Malév Hungarian Airlines has launched a massive seat sale across its network. From Dublin, the airline has great fares to Athens and Thessaloniki from just Eur39 return plus taxes approx Eur150 return inclusive of taxes, charges, 23kilos baggage allowance, meal and refreshments. The sale is valid for travel from 13th October 2008 until 28th March 2009 excluding Christmas and New Year enabling you to book ahead for the New Year.
Book now by calling 0818 55 55 77 or online www.malev.com
If booking online at www.malev.com choose the +3/-3 button if you’re flexible with dates so the system have help find the flights with availability at the sale fare level.
Thank you as always for your support.
Country Manager, Ireland
With respect to the forthcoming national Hellenic anniversaries next month
- The celebration of independence of Cyprus – October 1st
- The celebration of heroic “NO” – October 28th
The Hellenic Community of Ireland invites you to its annual dinner dance taking place on Friday October 10th at 20:00 at Stillorgan Park Hotel. We will be glad to see you and your families and celebrate together as Greeks.
Tickets are now available and can be purchased:
- from any board member (contact details can be found here)
- at the Greek Orthodox Church (46 Arbour Hill, Dublin 7) this Sunday October 5th after the Holy Liturgy
- at the entrance of Stillorgan Park Hotel on Friday October 10th
Students €40 (students and adolescents over 14yrs)
Non Members €60
Kids up to 14yrs old: FREE
Part of funding collected on that night will be disposed for the aid of the 2007 fire victims in Peloponnese. This charity event was decided for the following reasons:
- Front titles in media have faded away since the catastrophic fires last year but people in that area still need support
- It is the a perfect occasion to provide you with a detailed presentation in reference tothe aid, that you so generously offered one year ago (4th October 2007) during our previous event for the fire-stricken Greeks of Peloponnese.
For your information, please note the Hellenic Community of Ireland will not be organizing Christmas feast this year, but we are just about to finalize our ANNUAL DANCE for March 2009.
Dr. Thomae Kakouli
As part of the “Hellenic Community of Ireland” updated social event scheme, we are putting a soccer team together and participate in 5side Leagues. This is applicable to both ladies and guys. It would be perfect to put 2 teams together if possible. If anyone of you is interested in participating please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.